Monday, October 20, 2008

1 question, 2 answers..... :-)

In the last post, my adventure ended with one question. It was "to go or not to go?". Now, you may be wondering what really happened. Fortunately, my parents allowed me to go to Xiamen, China for the summer. But, I had to make sure that I would be responsible enough to take care of myself while I was away. Then I thought, " Ha! that wouldn't be so hard, I could be responsible and I could definitely take care of myself. The day after I got my parent's approval, I started to get all the requirements for the trip together with my dad. So, when all the things were set so I had to pass them all to Manila. After waiting for some time, I got the thumbs up from the office of the Philippine Chinese Learning Center in Manila.

Months passed, and the day that departure date for China was drawing closer and closer. We were going to leave for Manila on March 30 for our orientation then leave for Xiamen on April 2. At first, I was still relaxed and I didn't really think of preparing the stuff that would be needed in Xiamen.

It was only a few weeks before the trip that I realized that I wasn't even ready for it. So, my dad and I went to go through the list of the things that I needed for the trip to Xiamen. There was a lot of things to prepare for since I would be staying in Xiamen for 2 months. And another thing to consider was the temperature in China. Even if it was summer, I couldn't really say if it would be cold or not and we were quite worried about this. Luckily, I finished packing my things up a week before the departure for Manila and I was already ready for blast off!

No comments: