Sunday, October 19, 2008

To go or not to go?

Months have passed since my trip to China last summer. But, I can still remember clearly the memories that I had while I was in that melamine-tainted country.

I learned about the summer trip to Xiamen through my best friend. He had already gone to the same educational tour before. He mentioned how fun it was and he really got me thinking about trying the tour out. I could still remember him telling me " Bai (dude), just imagine 2 months of freedom....freedom from parents, school, and rules. His offer did seem very interesting and I was really beginning to want to have the same experience as he had.

The day the Chinese teacher mentioned about the Xiamen trip, there was a huge buzz and everyone was talking about it. I immediately got a form because I was afraid that it would run out.haha! But then I realized that I wasn't even able to ask my parents yet and get their approval. I mean, going on a summer trip abroad alone wasn't a joke after all and I wasn't sure if they would allow me to go. I was really anxious of what my parents would think about it.

To make matters even worse, my friends had already asked their parents and they all had the approval. Grrrr, all I could think of was that they would be having so much fun and I would not be able to be a part of it. So, I knew that I had to ask my parents so that I would know what their verdict would be. To go, or not to go? That was the question....

To be continued..... :-)

No comments: